Sunday, June 30, 2013

Boy Toy

Keeping with my long term plan to participate (may be compete) in a triathlon, I have just purchased my first road bike - Cannondale CAAD10 5 105. Did not think that buying a road bike would need as much research as buying a new car, although there is no haggling in this case. I have to say that all that research has allowed to me understand so much more about the sport of road biking which I would have probably learned the hard way. Of course, they sell bikes called as "Entry Level Bikes" which would have been a easy first choice but being a previous owner of a mountain bike and having rode that for a few years, I would consider myself to be a little better than a novice. This brought me to a classic dilemma of buying a bike that is not an entry level bike but is not something so advanced that I will have to give up an arm and a leg to own one.

The CAAD10 gave me the best bang for the buck - A super light aluminum bike, aggressive, snappy and responsive. A bike with the not-so-entry level Shimano 105 Groupset and a super light aluminum frame which keeps the costs low, renders the additional sturdiness for a starter but with a geometry that makes the bike competitive. I love the bike so far and will post more about my rides/group rides/competitions in the future

Check out details of my first ride here

No comments:

Post a Comment